We have 10 UK hubs: Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Waltham Forest, Norwich, Southampton and Winchester.
We’re on a mission to roll out Zedify into all major UK cities within the next 4 years. Talk to us about services in your city or starting your own Zedify hub.
Our trikes can carry a maximum load of between 150 and 200kg, depending on the model. The container on our trikes is measured 1.27m X 1.54m X 0.84m.
Our cargo bikes have a smaller container which is 1.1m X 0.67m X 70m and they can carry up to 100kg total weight.
Our quads can carry 150kg and have a load space of 2 cubic meters. We can carry packages up to 20kg each.
We deliver everything from veg boxes and flowers, to medical supplies, prescriptions, beer, home working equipment, professional documents, waste and recycling, and clothing deliveries and returns, to name some examples. Our services are designed for both local and national deliveries:
- We can help national online retailers and direct to consumer subscription services with last mile deliveries within cities. We’re your urban delivery specialist who can help on the sustainability of your logistics. We can also support you in consolidating your customer returns.
- For local businesses, we’ll get your goods delivered locally on a same-day service, or nationally through our carrier partners on a next-day service.
We’ve developed our own platform which means customers in all our hub locations can use Zedify for the first mile of their outbound national deliveries. You book with us, and we come and collect the goods from you using our zero emission fleet, then a national carrier will collect those items from our depot and send them on to their destination. Find out more about business shipping.
Cargo bikes and trikes suit urban deliveries down to a T. This is for a number of reasons:
- Cargo bikes can cut through congestion, which allows us to offer you flexible delivery options such as specific timeslots. In cities, cargo bikes are 60% faster than vans.
- They avoid delays from looking for parking spots because they can be unloaded right outside your delivery address.
- Cargo bikes and trikes emit zero emissions and contribute to better air quality and safer streets.
- They also make for healthier, happier delivery staff who are friendly and helpful as they carry out your delivery
All our staff are paid a real living wage and Zedify is an official Living Wage Foundation employer. Working as a delivery person at Zedify is fun and rewarding, but it’s also hard work! We think it’s really important that hard work is fairly rewarded. We know this is important to our customers, too.
We would love to hear from you about working at Zedify, but please do bear in mind that you’ll need to meet a set of criteria. We’re quite choosy about who we employ as couriers. That’s because it’s really important that we carry out our work safely, that we are friendly and helpful to our wonderful customers, and that we’re all passionate about the Zedify mission to transform our cities into better places for everyone. All our couriers also need to have a good working knowledge of their city.
If that sounds like you, please do get in touch to request an application pack today.
General packaging tips:
- Always use strong, good-quality boxes or packaging materials
- We encourage the use of reusing boxes but please remove old labels including any hazardous materials information stickers
- Be sensible about the weight of items that you put in a box – don’t overload boxes
- Pack items in the centre of a box with plenty of cushioning, to stop any movement during transit. Use bubble wrap, shreds, packaging chips, even old newspapers
- Always protect sharp items securely, carefully wrapping any scissors or knives to protect them from piercing through packaging materials
- Write all labels clearly (using capitals) and never cover them up with tape or film
Glass & other fragile items
Fragile items should be well cushioned from the sides and particularly at the bottom of the boxes. Label boxes as fragile and include ‘arrow up‘ stickers. Multiple glass items must have effective packaging between.
Bottles & liquids
Make sure that liquids, semi-liquids, powders or strong smelling substances are properly sealed in leak-proof containers and held upright in a strong box and correctly labelled with ‘arrow up’ signs
Wines and spirits – firstly pack bottles into an inner box, and then add rigid outer packaging for extra protection. Use corrugated cardboard or foam dividers, ideally use bespoke packaging when shipping bottles.
Zedify is an ambient network- we do not provide refrigerated vehicles. Goods of a perishable nature should be packed using appropriate insulation and coolants that can keep the goods at the correct temperature for the maximum length of time they will be in transit. This will depend on the service, so if sending overnight this will need to be 24hrs. Our same day services are usually 5 hours.